Pairings: Van Gogh's Starry Night

Saturday, July 30, 2011


Van Gogh's famous Starry Night has always captivated me! The movement and the color of the piece are just arresting and it's a must stop for me whenever I visit the Museum of Modern Art in New York - I could stare at it for hours. I discovered my love of design and interiors through an art history major in college and a masters in the history of decorative art - a somewhat unusual path for a designer. So for me, interiors and fine art feel so closely linked and I love finding pairings between the two! 

Here are some lovely spaces that sparkle with Van Gogh's innovative use of color and curving forms - encouragement that fine art does not have to be restricted to the museum walls!




I just love that first bright interior! Look for more interior + fine art pairings to come . . . 

Happy Friday! 

{images via 1 / 2 / 3 / 4}

sb signature

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I love that first interior picture, it's really gorgeous and that yellow sofa is fabulous!

Please come and join my giveaway! The lucky winner will get to pick a favorite jewelry of their choice!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan