Parisian D&D

Thursday, December 2, 2010

As you may know, for an interior designer in New York, the Design and Decoration Building (better known as the D&D) is a home away from home. It's 17 floors of fabric, lighting, and furniture showrooms and an amazing resource. I always loved going and searching for that perfect fabric or wall paper but then I saw the Parisian version of the D&D and I know it will never be the same for me! In Paris, instead of a 1960s style skyscraper, the many familiar showrooms line a beautiful small street accented with large trees and delicate ironwork balconies in the fashionable area of Saint Germain. Ahh, I think everything really is better in France. Well, I still will love the Third Avenue NYC design center but I so enjoyed experiencing its French cousin! 









What's even better is that Rue de Furstemberg is a short walk from Laduree, the famous Parisian bakery. I can just imagine myself pouring over fabric samples and tear sheets with their incredible macaroons and tea! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan