Friday, December 17, 2010

Kitchen Obsession: Copper Cookware!



I really love cooking - but I would be lying if I said I also did not also love all the amazing gadgets and accessories which go along with it! During my time here in France I have been especially loving all the beautiful copper cookware. Copper kitchenware falls into that wonderful (if sometimes rare) design sphere of being both lovely and practical! I especially like the traditional pieces from French manufacturer Mauviel 1830. I love the warmth and welcoming feeling copper brings to a kitchen! (above: antique copper saucepans at Vaux-le-Vicomte chateau)

A set of Mauviel 1830 copper cookware.



Copper always reminds me of Julia! Julia and a display of copper cookware in her Cambridge home, 1961 - copper was a favorite of hers! The pans are now in the collection of the National Museum of American History.


A kitchen by designer Michael Smith.


Looks great even in more contemporary spaces! Photo via Living Ect.

A lovely kitchen and dining alcove by Susan Dossetter featured in House Beautiful. The copper looks perfect against all the white and wood tones.

The home stove of celebrity caterer Lulu Powers, via Lonny Magazine.


Now get cooking! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...