Tuesday's Tip: Cozy in Toronto

Tuesday, October 11, 2011


Designing for small spaces is a challenge we all face often! Most of us city dwellers are always searching for tricks to make our spaces more versatile and generous. This gem of an apartment in Toronto hits all the notes for me - bright, stylish and vibrant but also such a clever use of space. 


Here are few designer tips:

{1} A few bold accessories create a bigger impact and feel less cluttered than a million little pieces

{2} lucite and glass pieces, like this great coffee table, feel so airy and create the illusion of more space 

{3} If you have space, build up! Extra tall custom built in shelves or cabinets can help make the use of all your square footage

{4} Connect by color! By using pops of the same color throughout the spaces, in this case lemon yellow, rooms flow into one another creating a of feeling expansiveness not isolation







The result is a space that is so charming and lovely that cramped is now just cozy! Do you have any favorite tips for making the most out of a small space? 


{via}
sb signature

12 comments:

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

love this post and such great advice--just found your blog-I'm your latest follower--stop by soon! :)

Krista Salmon said...

Hi Allison! Your blog looks great. Thanks for stopping by today. Looking forward to reading more!

Jessie said...

Love all these images! I think we have very similar taste because I also post these fabulous images on my blog a while ago. Great minds think alike?

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Unknown said...

great images & tips, love the fun, blue & yellow colour pallette in the first image & the art work is gorgeous. I also really like the neat desk space

Unknown said...

The pops of yellow are refeshing!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

When i lived in a tiny apt in nyc - back in the days..i used to use to book shelving as dividers and we also built a loft bed so we could have more square footage. :))))

www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Funnily enough I actually live in a house but it seems more like an apartment size Great tips Allison and I love this apartment. Gorgeous pops of yellow!

travelkate said...

Great tips! I love all of the photos too! Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

Michelle said...

I love the touches of yellow! I don't normally go for yellow, but it works here for me because it's tempered by the gray.

Marcus Design said...

LOVE these tips, and the images you have chosen to go along with them are drool worthy!! Great post :)
Nancy xo

jkd said...

wow, i love the pics! decor is amazing.

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

What an amazing space. Toronto is my hometown and I spent many, many years in small spaces there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan