Vintage Suitcases: Part Deux

Tuesday, January 11, 2011


Since I am still on the road, I thought I would look a bit deeper into suitcases as decor! Vintage suitcases or new steamer trunk style pieces are great for stowing extras (and lets be honest, we all have lots of those!) and can give a collected, well traveled look! Here are few more examples I love...


In a master bedroom in Napa Valley, designer Ken Fulk, uses a stack of vintage Louis Vuitton cases as a charming bedside table. He topped the suitcases with a wooden tray to protect them! 

For an exotic Shanghai circa 1930s feel try this beautiful parchment covered trunk with Asian influenced hardware from Jayson Home  Garden! 

I adore these worn leather suitacases from Georgica Creek Antiques, they are from the late 19th century and I like to wonder about where they have traveled and all the sights they have seen! These would also work so well in a boy's room, they would be perfect for toys, clothes, books and would never seen childish.



Lastly, a restored early 20th century steamer trunk from Dan Marty Designs - I can just imagine sailing away with all my earthly belongings stowed in here! 

Happy Travels! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan