Dresser Come Island!

Monday, August 29, 2011


I was so inspired by this beautiful kitchen above and the creative repurposing of a dresser as an island! I love how useful kitchen islands are for chopping and prep, and even more how everyone always seems to gather around them to chat or snack! The best part is that dressers already come with drawers to stash all your loose cooking tools and are great candidates for a makeover with a coat of paint or a new top. Here are few more charming dresser islands . . . 

I adore this one via Little Green Notebook - it really warms up the modern kitchen and adds so much more work space! {also crazy for that rug!}

Great curvy legs and updated brushed nickel hardware make this whole space! {via}


A French provincial take on the kitchen! Beautiful shade of faded gray! {via}

I am nuts for this shock of blue! {via}

So what do you think . . . A possible DIY for you? I am certainly saving it in my files! 


sb signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love these ideas - I've been thinking of doing this for my massive u-shaped kitchen (at the moment it's an eat-in style with the dining table in the centre). This would be so much more practical though - lovely inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan