Trend Alert: Striped Rugs!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011


In dining rooms, bedrooms, living rooms and beyond, I am loving all of the striped rugs I am spotting lately!  I am addicted to most things striped, but especially like the mod, graphic element they bring when on the floor. I think a simple, two color stripe works the best when layering other colors and patterns in the space. The great news is that since they are all the rage, there are lots of amazing versions available at retail sources too {see my picks below!} so no one has to be left out of the trend! 





Here are my favorite striped rugs - I honestly can't narrow it down, they are all fantastic! 
4. IKEA


What are your thoughts, is this a trend that's here to stay? 
Happy Wednesday!

{images above via 1. 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6}




Also today is the last day to enter the giveaway for a pair of beautiful designer pillows from Castle Creek Designs! They have some striped ones too! 
Good Luck! 
sb signature

14 comments:

Verdigris Vie said...

These rugs have great impact on a space.. I am stll hooked on a trasitional floral, but these are fab!

TwoThirtyFiveDesigns said...

My thoughts?? Want Want Want, thats all I can think!!!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

What a great collection of striped rugs. I will have to bookmark these!

Leslie said...

I think striped rugs are so happy. A friend of mine gave me one a few years ago, and I've enjoyed it tremendously. It's now been moved onto our balcony, which I think is the perfect spot for it. I love your picks!

anyaadores said...

Funny - I have a post about stripes as well - I love them:) And believe or not - out of the ones you have chosen I think I may prefer the Ikea one - the are good those Swedes.
Happy wednesday,
Axx

Michelle said...

I really like #2. It's so cheerful!

Jessi said...

I love striped anything! I also probably need a swing in my room like that one pic

Jessie said...

I have a major obsession with stripes even when I was a teenager. I had so many striped tees back then! Now, I have at least 2 striped rugs, a striped tablecloth, striped pillows, a striped pajamas and I am planning to add some striped curtains in my master bedroom in the future! I think you get the drill...love all your picks, by the way! Stripes will be here to stay, in my opinion.

Have a great day, Allison!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Claudia Lane said...

I love stripy rugs especially the black and white one you are showing here :)

Have a great day Allison

Claudia xo

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I'm a huge fan! I've wanted a black and white striped one since forever :)

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

I adore striped rugs and recently just bought the IKEA black & white version- so lovely! xx

Anonymous said...

Love the orange striped rug and that colorful room... it's so much fun! xo

The Vintique Object said...

I think stripes are classic -- take the awning or ticking stripe. Maybe the scale of stripes change with the times, but they will always be in style!
Camille

Party Resources said...

I love this look! Happy weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan