Dark + Dramatic in South Hampton

Tuesday, October 18, 2011


It always makes me so sad to think of all the stunning beach homes which sit empty all fall and winter! As a designer, this is usually when we are called in, but personally I love the off-season in beach towns - it's so cozy and you get it all to yourself. 

This utterly chic home by designer Steven Gambrel is the perfect example of a welcoming and snug seaside getaway. It's full of fabulous jewel tones, rich textures, and dark woods - perfect for year round living. And I can just imagine long walks in the crisp fall weather and a wonderful family Thanksgiving here! 





















I am swooning over that kitchen with the black handmade subway tiles, crisp white appliances and geometric patterned floors! I also love those chevron chairs in the living room paired with the emerald green round ottoman. 

What is your favorite space? 

{all images via}


XOXO 
sb signature

13 comments:

Cara Kuhl said...

Beautiful! The plush gray tufted sofa mimicking the black window framing, is just perfection! And it's inspiring to see jewel tones used so well!

Karena said...

Allison that living room you mentioned plus the first with those glossy deep green walls. All are full of warmth and very inviting!

Oh I have a Designer Pillows Giveaway! I hope you will join! ( a great source as well)

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

homestilo said...

Pinning that first picture- those high gloss walls are stunning!

Jessie said...

Although I have seen it many times but I am still very much in love with the kitchen! The black subway tiles, the gorgeous hood, the rustic farm table, the benches and the floors work so well together. I like it because it is beautiful a little unconventional. I think it is one of the best kitchens out there, for me at least! This designer is truly talented and has impeccable taste!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Michelle said...

Those chevron chairs also caught my eye, and so did that beautiful outdoor seating loggia area.

Unknown said...

Theres something very glamourous & chic about these images dark & mysterious indeed

Brooke said...

I love that kitchen!

The Vintique Object said...

So that's where that kitchen comes from! It's so cool to see it in context of the rest of the house, which is jaw-dropping, by the way. It must huge. I cannot begin to imagine the kind of creative force it would take to buy for and decorate every room.
Camille

The Vintique Object said...

I just went back for another look. Some of these rooms are downright sultry!
Camille

Lara {simply irresistible} said...

Just stumbled across your blog and I love it. I will take that backyard please!!!

Ashleigh said...

Wow. This is the perfect combination of classy without being stuffy. I adore the green couch, unexpected and fun!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

Wow, these are all amazing. I love that hallway packed full of pictures, what a great way to display memories from a vacation home.

Kirsten Krason said...

Amazing pictures. I'm drooling over that kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan