House Tour: Tropical Sophitication in Hawaii

Wednesday, September 19, 2012


Living in the tropical climate has made me realize what a challenge warm weather design can be. I am always searching for inspiring spaces that are airy and light but also rich and welcoming, and I think this family vacation home in  Kona, Hawaii is a beautiful example just that! I love the soft blues, greens and yellows color scheme and all of the layers of subtle pattern. I also love how these spaces pay homage to their surroundings with lots of natural Hawaiian materials and details {like this amazing thatched inset ceiling below!}











So sophisticated, lovely and peaceful! Any tropical details you love? 

Built by GM Construction

{all images via}

sb signature

1 comment:

Ben@Lea Furniture said...

I'm thus delighted you loved the house! It is best to actually test drive it in actual : it is better still compared to photos; -)Thank you with regard to posting this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan