A Tuscan Dinner Party

Wednesday, March 27, 2013


Later this week my hubby and I are meeting my parents in Tuscany! I am beyond excited! My mom's best friend always throws destination inspired dinner parties for friends right before they head out on a big trip {I know, you wish she was your best friend! lol} She is an amazing cook but it is also such a wonderful way to get the travelers in the right mindset and allow everyone else to share a taste of their travels! So today I was daydreaming today about what her Tuscan farewell dinner might include and all the delicious things we are going to eat when we arrive . . . . yum! 

What do you think K? Any great recipes here? 

What a lovely idea right! Have you every thrown a destination dinner party?

The dinner might start with these Pan di Ramerino rolls are a Tuscan classic at Easter time and look sooo delicious. I love the idea of rosemary + raisins + sea salt!

And it would be wonderful to try this hearty kale and White Bean Soup which Florence is famous for. 

Florence is known for its grilled meats, as well as pastas, and this simple Garlic & Herb Trout looks incredible! 

And of course a cheese plate is a must along with lots of Tuscan red wine!

And maybe finish with this traditional Florentine cake, Schiacciata alla Fiorentina, made with the amazing combo of orange zest + cocoa + and a hint of saffron. . .  wow!

Ok now I am really, really hungry! I can't wait to land in Tuscany! 

sb signature

2 comments:

Lallabel said...

Wow! can I tell you have a good trip in my beautiful country, Italy?
Enjoy Tuscany!

KMP Modern said...

Not only is my mouth watering, I am totally jealous of your trip. Fortunately I have been to Florence, and all over Italy, but I miss it and the food. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos and links. I was about to bake English style hot cross buns but the Florentine version looks way better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan