House Tour: Dramatic Glamour on Mercer Island

Friday, March 1, 2013


Moody, dramatic and so luxe! My eyes actually popped when I saw this incredible home by design icon Kelly Wearstler. And I was so surprised to find out it's located on Mercer Island, the small island just outside Seattle where I grew up and my family still lives. Now, I know it's not for everyone but I think the mid century mod inspired glamour of this home is really stunning. The outside of the home is classic Pacific Northwest, a rambling 1946 split-cedar and brick home but as requested by the owners, the inside is a different world "equal parts Parisian jewel box, scholar's retreat and natural wonder" in KW's own words. . . . amazing! I find the whole project so inspiring and creative and love all the organic textures and varied natural materials worked in. I think the library is my favorite space, such a fantastic combo of black, brass and the palest mint green!

So what do you think? Gorgeous or does it make your head hurt? 





This bold De Gournay wall paper is so gorgeous it makes the whole space {& would it have fit perfectly into my mint + black post!)







These stairs alone kill me! wow! 
{All photos for Elle Decor by Mikkel Vang}
sb signature

1 comment:

Jessica said...

"dramatic glamour" is not often used in the same sentence as mercer island! cool house--I wonder where it is??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan