Trend Spotting: Concrete Countertops

Tuesday, May 20, 2014


I am working on a few kitchen re-designs at the moment and while I adore the classic beauty of marble or honed granite countertops, I am recently loving all of the fantastic concrete counters I see popping up! I really like the industrial, rustic vibe they lend and concrete can be a cost effective, easy to customize, and unexpected alternative. The surface is porous but when properly sealed it can wear really well! It's not for someone who wants a perfectly uniform surface but it does offer lovely texture and variation. I especially like the juxtaposition of concrete with more organic finishes like natural wood or hand made tiles. Here are a few of my favorite examples of concrete at work. . .










Have you had any experience with concrete counters?

If you are handy, check out Little Green Notebook's very detailed DIY here! And by the way her entire laundry room re-do is completely amazing!!!


{all images via}

sb signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good design of kitchen interior. Great jobs.

Away Watcher said...

Great blogg you have here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan