Design Daydreaming: A Modern Farmhouse

Wednesday, September 21, 2016



Dear friends of ours recently bought a piece of land in the California wine country and we began chatting and day dreaming about the house they hope to build there one day. I love the endless possibilities and natural beauty of empty land! And when I happened upon this amazing modern farmhouse by Nick Noyes Architecture, I thought it was just perfect. I like the contrast of the clean, modern architecture with plenty of organic textures and a few traditional elements (like the pitched roof and the shiplaps ceiling).  The whole design beautifully integrates indoors and outdoors, with light filled rooms, open walkways and a gorgous backyard. It is at one time both so simple and so warm. I wonder what they will build in the end . . . happy day dreaming! 












{images via}

sb signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan