Summer Denim Indoors?

Friday, July 22, 2011





I am in love with this breezy summer look! Denim is simply a summer essential for me - effortless, casual, and chic, so it got me thinking, what about interiors?  Can denim cross over to stylish decor too? I say yes! {just make sure it's not the acid washed variety} Still need some convincing? Here are few inspirations to help you bring denim indoors . . . 


The rich blue looks just lovely in this simple bedroom! {via 1 / 2}

I love the worn color of these Petry Denim club chairs in Newel Turner's living room {via}

{via}

Denim bedding looks fantastic with the burst of yellow, featured in Domino {via}

Denim looking tough in a great industrial-vintage cafe! {via}

Causal but still tailored - sofas upholstered in reversed, faded denim {via}

{via}

A chic denim and chrome nailhead chair and floor pillows in Sarah Jessica Parker's country home {via}

Ralph Lauren Home came out with a new line of Indigo Denim paint - they even have a tutorial on how to apply it! 

The RL paints come in a whole range of denim shades and remind me of a softer, beachy version of Venetian plaster - beautiful! 


So what is your vote: does denim make the cut in chic interiors? 

sb signature

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I love Sarah Jessica Parker's denim sofa, it looks very chic and tailored. I wear denim whenever I go out but I am not to sure how comfortable the fabric feels in a home. Maybe they have come out with softer denim fabrics for upholstery?

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan