Style Crush: Katie Ridder

Friday, October 14, 2011


I have a crush. . . I am just so inspired by the bright, chic style of designer Katie Ridder. I love the whimsy, freshness, and color of her designs. Each space is so lively and playful but is still infused with sophistication and elegance. Such a balance is no small feat to achieve! I love all of Katie's work, but this family home in Arkansas is especially wonderful. It's full of lovely custom details, like contrasting fabric on the chair backs, red ribbon trim on a small lampshade, and fabulous Moroccan tiled floors. 







Katie also has a really beautiful and unique line of fabrics and wallpapers . . . visit here to see more of the collection! 


So, are you inspired?
Happy Friday!

{via}
sb signature

15 comments:

Splendid Willow said...

Very fresh and happy. That front door is stunning. Look at the details!

Happy weekend to you Allsion. I can comment wihooo! (:

ox, Mon

Hyphen Interiors said...

Yes, I'm inspired! Love her use of color and pattern. That dining room is awesome!

Leslie said...

I love that first space; it's so vibrant!

Santi said...

i'm inspired whit this post!!
i love it too :)
what a lovely blog that you have !! :)


santiroyalhome.blogspot.com

Leigh said...

I die for that gray door!!

travelbroad.blogspot.com

Leigh :)

Meera @ firstsense said...

I'm a big fan of Katie's use of colour, pattern and texture.

I LOVE the front door and the old Chinese desk is fab!

Meera xx

P.S. There's a lovely giveaway on my blog you may want to check out!

Barbara@HausDesign said...

Wow, what a unique dining room! Her fabrics and wallpaper look intriguing too...beautiful work!

InteriorGroupie said...

Love that entry way with the gorgeous dark door!

travelkate said...

That second photo of the entryway is my favorite!! Her fabric is also beautiful!

Thanks so much for your well wishes on my blog!!

Charlotte (Collect 5) said...

This design work is beautiful! I just found your blog and it's great!! I look forward to reading it.

glamour drops said...

Ah well I see why you have a crush! Fab use of colour, but also surprising little elements too. Love that green dining room! Lots of crazy things going on in that space, yet it all pulls together.

anyaadores said...

Love the lime green walls - pretty stuff not a color you would imagine for a dining room, but it is perfect.
Great work - and happy Monday Allison,
Axx

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

These spaces are like a breath of fresh air! I am crazy in love with the pattern and colour of the door in that entry hall. Ahhh feeling very inspired now!

Jessi said...

so pretty! I don't think I could pull of a disco-ish ball in my kitchen though :)

hong kong property said...

the colors blend really well~
it is so refreshing to look at :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan