Vintage Dressers in Action

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I love spotting furniture pieces in unexpected surroundings - while dressers usually live in bedrooms of course,  their proportions and wonderful storage make them perfectly at home in living rooms and entries too. They make particularly great bars and are so ideal for hiding all the gloves, hats, shoes, purses and keys that always collect in entry ways!



I have an especially soft spot for the patina and history of vintage dressers, so I wanted to share my current favorite 5 from Etsy. I love how they have been lovingly restored - plus there are some serious deals to be had here! 
A warm gray high boy dresser with lovely hardware {via}

Mid century modern with Asian flair {via}

A dramatic Drexel Europa dresser - very Hollywood glam. {via}

A distressed linen white 1920's dresser - so pretty! {via}


An early 1900's chest with a rich aubergine glaze {via}


Which is your fav? I am crazy for that chic black and white Drexel piece! 

{First images via 1 / 2 / 3}
sb signature

10 comments:

Brooke said...

I love that black and white one too! And also that gorgeous high boy. I love dressers outside the bedroom. btw your comment yesterday about the glass knobs- I want to do that too! The next house we own I want to replace all the generic door knobs with pretty glass ones. That's such a great idea!
www.inside-outdesign.blogspot.com

Kiana said...

Love the rustic, blue one in the first pic! I always think dressers make the best before and afters, don't you? :)

Jessie said...

My favorite is the black and white dresser but I will probably change the pulls. :)

The styling in the first picture is beautiful, by the way, love it!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Unknown said...

Great post! I adore the teal dresser....

JustPatience said...

Love the Drexel dresser.

Xo,
Patience
www.justpatience.com

anyaadores said...

It is easy - my fave one is Defo the first image - WANT one now - gorgeous post Allison,
Axx

Camille said...

It has taken me a long time to figure this out, but I absolutely love any vignette with a wooden dresser, be it mohagany or something more primitive. Stack it with black and white items, something green, and I'm a happy girl.
Camille

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, difficult to choose a favourite because they are all so beautiful! The distressed blue one in the first picture is probably my favourite, I also love the shells and stones placed on the top!

homestilo said...

You are right about the black and white- very Hollywood. Love it!

Michelle said...

Thanks for highlighting my dramatic black and white dresser! I've had so many people interested in this, I'm headed out to do more pieces! Stay tuned....

Thanks!
Michelle

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MWRDesignsAtlanta?ref=pr_shop_more

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan