Trend Spotting: Woven Collections

Friday, June 8, 2012


Wall decoration does not have to be 2D! Hanging decorative items with texture and dimension, like a collection of beautiful handmade baskets, can give a space so much visual interest and depth. I am so inspired by all the lovely pieces I have seen in during my travels in Vietnam and Indonesia. I think they look especially pretty when hung in a free and organic formation - here are a few inspirations for how to create a woven collection at home . . .


Of couse this is quite a statement but I love the effect! 


The warm color of the natural materials is beautiful but I also love this pop of color - wonderful for a beach home!


How unusual is this basket! In Vietnam they use similar baskets to pull fish from from the water. 

Love this whole vignette - gorgeous styling too!

What a chic entry, I love all the collected shapes of organic wood and bark too.

Simple baskets look fantastic here, I never would have imagined this but the result is really beautiful and so welcoming. A really pretty {and cost effective} idea for a guest bedroom!

And now, a few sources I especially like for hand made baskets: 





And last, I adore this red and ivory African basket! You can find it here.

{inspiration images via}
sb signature


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan