Weekend Project: Book Beauties

Friday, December 2, 2011


I have a confession . . . I do judge books by their covers. It's true, I adore books of all types but when stacked on the shelves some certainly look prettier than others. A great solution is to cover those favorite books with beautiful covers! There are so many choices, you can unify with one color, use a lively collection of hues and patterns, or even give them all a coat of metallic paint. No matter which you chose, your bookcase will be more lovely for it.

Weekend project anyone? Here are some inspirational images and a few tips in case you feel up to the challenge! 

I love how the vellum softens everything but still lets you read the titles! 


So chic! Why let lovely wrapping papers go to waste {perfect plan for post holiday season!}


What a great use for scraps or samples of fabric {You can to pick them up at the fabric shop}


Metallic spray paint is such a beautiful and easy option. This would also be a great addition to a holiday centerpiece or mantel decoration to add height - it looks so festive! 


Simple genius. Craft paper and some lovely handwriting. 

Lastly, I am crazy for this crafty DIY featured on Apartment Therapy for how to create these beautiful vintage looking leather bound books above using brown paper bags.


Sadly all my books still live far, far away in the States, but please keep me posted if you give it a try! 

{via 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6}

Happy Friday!

xoxo
sb signature

7 comments:

Amelia said...

So many great ideas! I love the spraypaint and the kraft paper. Definitely pinning a few of these :)

Leslie said...

A lot of my books have definitely seen better days, but I just don't think I'm up to tackle such a project! I can't wait to see your results. :)

Ruvic said...

definitely something to do over the weekend. wrapping up the books is great decoration ideas as well as a protective cover for the books. looks like I'll be busy this weekend.
thanks.

xoxox,
Ruvic
http://ruvicbe.blogspot.com/

Natalie said...

What an awesome idea! I love the examples you've shown here, especially the craft paper and handwritten titles. Definitely inspiring and making me want to tackle my bookshelves this weekend. :) Happy Friday!

Unknown said...

Simply fabulous!!!
I adore this idea and I'm thinking about to do it myself !
Great inspirations :)
Have a wonderful weekend ! xx

Lexi said...

I love the textured covers!
xx Lexi
FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

alicia said...

ahh I love these ideas - so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan