A Colorful Entry. . .

Friday, January 27, 2012


"Some houses seem to say, 'Come on in' even before the bell is answered. And there are others, in that empty moment before the door is opened, that make you wish you'd never come at all."
- Dorothy Draper

How to fix this? Draper suggests painting your front door a vibrant color or dramatic dark to add personality . . . which 50 years later is still a pretty wonderful tip! Here are some of my favorite inspirations {an inky navy blue is my color of choice!}












P.S. It might be no surprise that Dorothy Draper designed the original Elizabeth Arden spa and came up with the idea for that iconic red door!  

{via 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11.}


sb signature

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I love the idea of a colorful entry! That's so interesting about Dorothy Draper designing the original Elizabeth Arden Spa, but I guess it makes sense!

Tiffany said...

I love that first blue door and the yellow one. They are both so cheery.

Anna (Minted Photography) said...

I love that last image with the black interior of the door! So beautiful!!

Just stumbled upon your blog. So glad I did -- I'm your newest follower :)

Anna
www.anewfoundtreasure

anyaadores said...

I always adored a bright door :)
Hope your weekend is bright Allsion,
Axx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan