Making A Cameo

Wednesday, December 7, 2011


Traditional and Victorian or edgy and eclectic? No matter how you see it, I love the look of cameo silhouettes in interiors! I especially like the effect of a whole grouping of cameos, they are so graphic and of course so personal.  I love the idea of beginning a collection of cameo prints that the whole family can add to - a true modern heirloom!








For just $22, at Allyson Baker Designs you can have a custom silhouette made of your favorite person! {I love Etsy!} Just pop it in a pretty frame for a wonderfully personal and beautiful holiday gift! 

{via 1. 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8}

sb signature

10 comments:

Party Resources said...

So chic and modern!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Great post...including the title, Making a Cameo. I have always loved silhouettes and am thrilled that they seem to be coming back in style...not that they really ever went out, but it does seem to be a new trend. And how much do we love etsy? Just checked out her shop...amazing...just what I've been looking for!

Leslie said...

I love the cameos, and the way that those are displayed are especially nice!

anyaadores said...

Oh I like these - had no idea they were called cameos - clever :O)
Hope you wednesday is bright,
Axx

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for a way to have a "family portrait" that is not so traditional. Silhouettes would make for a great one with a twist.

mapleandvine said...

such a great gift idea. love the last photo!

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Awesome! Adding this to my Christmas wishlist!

homestilo said...

This is on my list of things to try. I really like the ones with the graph paper- modern.

Jessie said...

I love your title! It's very smart and catchy!

Great inspirations as usual, the second last one is my favorite. It's modern and chic!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Ketutar said...

@anyaadores, you had no idea they were called cameos because they are not called cameos. These are called silhouettes. In the 18th and 19th centuries also shades or Profiles. Never cameos. Cameo is a carved piece, usually jewelry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan